Pewaukee Public Library Services
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. This service plan will be reviewed at the monthly meeting of the Library Board of Trustees.
– Board of Trustees, Pewaukee Public Library
- Reopening. The Library will open to the public on Tuesday, May 26th.
- Monday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (summer schedule)
- Reduced building occupancy. We will closely monitor the number of patrons in the library and shall maintain an occupancy limit of 50. The children’s room will be limited to a maximum of 4 families at a time. We ask that patrons limit their visit to 30 minutes or less. Group gatherings will not be permitted.
- Patron Age Restrictions. All patrons under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a responsible adult age 18 and older and must remain together at all times.
- In Library Services Available:
- Self-service photocopying and printing
- Internet and word processing computers available in the adult library only with reduced capacity and daily time limits.
- Public access to all library collections to browse and check-out materials.
- Staff assistance at all public service desks.
- Remote Staff Services Available: Staff are available for assistance via telephone at 262-691-5670 and email during regular business hours:
- Circulation Services: email@example.com
- Adult Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Services: email@example.com
- Curb-side pick-up. We will continue to offer curb-side pick-up of reserved materials.
- Prioritize Good Hygiene and Cleaning. The Library will adhere to all CDC recommendations on “How to Protect Yourself & Others” and asks for the cooperation of all patrons.
- Plexiglass barriers will be used at all public service desks.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues will be available throughout the library for public use.
- All staff will wear face coverings while in public areas. We strongly encourage patrons to wear a mask or face covering while in the library.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized on a scheduled basis using FDA approved cleaning products.
- Returning Library Materials. The exterior book drop is open for return of library materials. The interior book drop is currently closed. All returned materials will be quarantined for 48 hours.
- Public Seating Areas CLOSED. Most chairs and tables have been temporarily removed.
- Programming: The library is currently offering virtual and to-go programming.
- Study and Meeting Rooms CLOSED. Study and meeting rooms will remain closed at this time. We are currently accepting reservations for meeting room use beginning August 1, 2020.
- Book Nook/Donations. The book nook is currently closed and the library is not accepting donations of used books.
- Volunteers: Volunteer work may continue if the work can be completed remotely or outside the library’s facility.
- Unscheduled Closings: The library may experience unscheduled closings or a reduction in services. We will do our best to provide public notice if this occurs and will work to restore services as soon as possible.
- Questions/Concerns? Please contact Nan Champe, Library Director at 262-746-0920 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Update May 21st, 2020.
Looking for more information on what the library offers you 24/7?
Virtual library programs
Digital access to books, audio books, magazines, subscription databases
More stuck at home resources
For timely updates, sign up for our newsletter!